There are a few common reasons why a review gets rejected. Look below to see if anything on this list fits your situation and learn what you can do to get the review approved. If none of these fit, or you think one was applied to your review in error, open a support case and share as much detail as possible!
I was asked to add detail and/or a screenshot.
- Our moderation team checks every review that comes into G2 to make sure they can verify the reviewer genuinely uses this product in a professional setting. Make sure to add specific details about your company’s use of the product and answer any additional questions you may have skipped over. Software reviewers have the chance to upload screenshots, so try that if you haven't already! They help out greatly in the moderation process. Learn more about what makes a great screenshot here.
I wrote about the trial version of the software.
- To ensure our reviews are always helpful to potential buyers, we only accept reviews that are based on a user’s experience with the full version of the product.
I was told you couldn’t confirm my company.
- Our moderation team uses company information to help verify the professional use of the product or service being reviewed. Fixing this issue depends on how you created your account.
- LinkedIn: Make sure that your job information is up to date. If there’s nothing else to add, consider adding a screenshot that shows company information in your review or adding a business email to your account.
- Business email: If the domain attached to your email doesn’t open a normal webpage, it might be flagged by our moderators. Adding a LinkedIn or a different business email can help.
I’m an employee of the product or service or one of its competitors.
- Our users have expressed a desire for a source of unbiased peer reviews when making a purchase decision. This means that we can’t allow current or former employees to review products of their company in any situation. To ensure we maintain an unbiased review site, we do not accept any reviews submitted by employees and direct competitors of the reviewed product. You can update the list of software you use at work to remove this product and add any others that wouldn’t create this conflict of interest.
I used part of my own review from another site.
- G2 prides itself on providing original reviews, so we do not publish reviews with content that already exists elsewhere at the time of submission. Our moderation team checks for plagiarism in each review, including users who duplicate their own reviews from other review sites. Therefore, we ask that any reviews you submit are completely separate from those you’ve left elsewhere.
I was told you couldn’t confirm my username.
- Our moderation team can only approve reviews written by users whose identity they can verify. Make sure to add a valid user name while leaving a review. If privacy is a concern, you always have the option to remain anonymous on your review! At the end of your review, simply select “I would like this review to appear as unattributed.”
I was given a different rejection reason.
- We strive to maintain the quality of all reviews on G2. Our moderators were unable to verify your account and/or your review. Your review may have been flagged for unrelated or inappropriate content or your account may be linked with fraudulent reviews or practices.