There are a few common reasons why a review gets rejected. Look below to see if anything on this list fits your situation and learn what you can do to get the review approved. If none of these fit, or you think one was applied to your review in error, send your info and an explanation to firstname.lastname@example.org!
I was asked to add detail and/or a screenshot.
- Our moderation team checks every review that comes in to G2 to make sure they can verify the reviewer really uses this product in a professional setting. Make sure to add specific details about your company’s use of the product or service that shows familiarity. Software reviewers have the chance to upload screenshots, so try that if you haven't already! They help out greatly in the moderation process. Learn more about good screenshots here.
I wrote about the conference where I was asked for the review.
- To ensure our reviews are always helpful to potential buyers, we don’t allow reviews to reference conferences or events in this way. Make sure that your review is only about the product or service and your use of it. Any references to an event will lead to another rejection.
I was told you couldn’t confirm my company.
- Our moderation team uses company information to help verify professional use of the product or service being reviewed. Fixing this issue depends on how you created your account.
- LinkedIn: Make sure that your job information is up to date. If there’s nothing else to add, consider adding a screenshot that shows company information to your review or adding a business email to your account.
- Business email: If the domain attached to your email doesn’t open a normal webpage, it might be flagged by our moderators. Adding a LinkedIn or a different business email can help. Otherwise, let us know your situation at email@example.com.
I’m an employee of the product or service or one of its competitors.
- We pride ourselves on only hosting unbiased reviews on G2. This means that we can’t allow current or former employees to review products of their company in any situation. The same rule applies to the employees of direct competitors.
I used part of my own review from another site.
- Our moderation team checks for plagiarism in each review, including users who duplicate their own reviews from other review sites. We strive to maintain G2’s original content, so we ask that any reviews you submit are completely separate from those you’ve left elsewhere.
I was given a different rejection reason.
- We strive to maintain the quality of all reviews on G2. Our moderators were unable to verify your account and/or your review. Your review may have been flagged for unrelated or inappropriate content or your account may be linked with fraudulent reviews or practices.